Wednesday 15 February 2012

Etsy Wednesday

I love the idea of upcycling because it's a more direct way of recycling; taking something unwanted and giving it a second lease of life. The problem is that a lot of upcycled things are severely lacking in taste. Ugly dresses made of scraps of fabric and weird decorations made of beer bottles do not appeal to me!

But, if you know where to look there are some really creative and interesting things out there, here are a few of my picks:

Mini Magpie has a large collection of adorable baby and childrenswear made from adult jumpers. They're pretty much all 100% wool and the bright colour combinations are really cute. Alfie had a trouser and cardigan set when he was newborn which I loved.





Little Miss Loolies also uses old jumpers but in a different way. They become gorgeous bright floor cushions - I would love to have a couple of these for the kids' room, I know they would love them!





If you like interesting interiors Boots n Gus have a selection of light shades that were bowls and jars in their last life - this is one of my favourites:





The really cool thing about looking at upcycling is that it's got me seeing things I would ordinarily throw out in a new way. In fact, I might keep an eye out for fair isle jumpers and make those cushions myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment